- I may have a pet emergency.
- I have a primary veterinarian, and have been referred or need a service not offered.
- I do not have a primary veterinarian.
- What if My Pet Needs Emergency Surgery?
Located inside Dulles South Veterinary Center, Dulles South Animal Emergency and Referral Hospital provides comprehensive veterinary care for pets, including triage for emergencies and overnight care. Our dedicated and experienced ER doctors are available from 6:00 a.m. until 9:00 p.m., 365 days a year.
Call us at (703) 327-0871 before coming to the hospital if your pet has been injured or if you believe he or she is experiencing a medical emergency–we are here to help, and that call means we’ll be ready the moment you arrive.
We support your family veterinarian…
Our dedicated staff of veterinarians partner with your family veterinarian to provide advanced diagnostics, sophisticated techniques and treatment of complex diseases and injuries. This professional relationship affords you and your pet a continuum of comprehensive veterinary care.
When your family veterinarian sends you to DSVC, it is because they know that we will work hand-in-hand with them to ensure the best help for your pet. They will provide us with supportive documentation of your pet’s condition for the initial appointment. We will continue to work with you and your pet throughout the duration of the condition for which you sought our attention. Because our hospital is designed to be an extension of services provided by your family veterinarian, we ask that you maintain a relationship with your family veterinarian for your pet’s primary care.
If you do not currently have a primary veterinarian, Aldie Veterinary Hospital (AVH) would be honored to schedule an appointment for your pet. We are located in the Dulles South Veterinary Center and are available from 7:30am – 7:30pm, weekdays and 8:00am – 2:00pm weekends. AVH has been a part of the Dulles South community for the last 17 years. We provide cutting-edge medical and surgical pet healthcare options, as well as acupuncture and holistic medicine, rehabilitation, grooming and boarding.
In the event your pet needs emergency surgery, we have the capability of performing the surgery at our facility. Upon emergency surgery, your pet will be provided with the following post-operative services:
- 24 hour care, including monitoring of vital signs (heart rate, respiratory rate, and temperature), diet, intake and eliminations
- Close monitoring during recovery by our veterinarians and nursing staff – pain medications and antibiotics are administered
- Personal attention is paid to your pet’s physical comfort and emotional well-being
- Regular updates for you and if referred, your primary veterinarian